Learn how to tackle performance problems and take preventative measures by setting clear objectives, improving communication skills and putting correct procedure into practice.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the purpose and benefits of capability management
- Recognise the main features of your organisation’s capability procedure
- Know how to put the procedure into practice
- Improve your communication skills and remain fair and consistent with all staff
- Appreciate the importance of preventive action
- Tackle performance problems effectively
- Practice questioning and interviewing techniques
- Learn how to set clear objectives
- Prepare and conduct a formal capability meeting
This course covers:
- Welcome and learning objectives
- Managing procedures
- The conversation
- Stages of action
Approximately 90 minutes, depending on your learning speed. This module includes 40 interactive screens, which can be completed at a pace that is convenient for you. The system will record your progress throughout.
This course is for managers who are responsible for staff performance.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
When you have successfully completed your course online, you will be able to download your certificate.